- 4 slices rustic bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
- For the salt:
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, black or white
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine everything for the salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a small sauce pot of water to a simmer. Gently place the eggs, still in their shell, into the water. Set a timer and cook for 6 minutes exactly. This will yield a runny yolk but a set white.
- Remove the cooked eggs from the water and place in an ice bath, this makes it easier to peel.
- While the eggs cool slightly, drizzle bread with olive oil and toast. Before plating you can quickly dunk the eggs into hot water to heat back through.
- Peel and slice avocado and juice with lemon.
- To assemble place 7-8 thinly sliced pieces of avocado on the toast followed by the everything salt then finished off with the soft-boiled peeled egg. Sprinkle with a little more everything salt. Serve immediately.