Garlic knots stuffed with cheesy mashed potatoes and bacon will change your life.
Bacon and Mashed Potato Garlic Knots
- For the dough:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + more for forming
- For the knots:
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated fine
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare dough by dissolving yeast in warm water. Stir and allow to bloom and foam for 3-5 minutes. Stir in honey, and pour mixture into flour, stirring until a ball is formed.
- Knead dough until no longer tacky. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- In a pot, combine garlic and butter and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 2-inch pieces and roll out about a 1/4-inch thick. Brush with garlic butter, sprinkle with bacon, cheese and a dollop of mashed potatoes. Fold and press the edges together to form a little dough ball. Brush with more garlic butter and pop into a prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.