- For the waffle:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- For the filling:
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta, strained
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- Preheat a waffle cone iron.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mascarpone and maple sugar. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, salt and sugar. In another large bowl, mix eggs, butter and marsala. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture until smooth.
- Make waffle cones by dropping 3 tablespoons of the batter into the iron and pressing for 45 seconds. Use an offset spatula to roll the cone into a cannoli shape, sealing the ends. Repeat until you have 12 cones.
- Dip the cones in chocolate and sprinkle with bacon bits. Place in the freezer for 2 minutes until the chocolate is set. Pipe the filling into the cones right before serving. Enjoy right away.