Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese Egg Rolls
Enjoy this savory snack of mac 'n' cheese and bacon wrapped in an egg roll with your favorite dipping sauce like ranch or BBQ.
- 2 cups macaroni & cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 6 strips cooked bacon, halved
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix mac & cheese and chives to combine. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Lay a wrapper out in a diamond shape with the point facing you. Brush the corner tip with the cornstarch mixture.
- Place a half strip of bacon on the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Top with 1/3 cup mac & cheese. Roll wrapper up towards the top corner and wrap the sides in towards the center roll. Continue to wrap up towards the top, forming a tight roll. Brush the top with the cornstarch mixture and seal the roll.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees, and cook rolls 4 at a time. Serve with your favorite condiments.