- For the Bacon Pancake:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound bacon, cooked, roughly chopped
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- For the Filling:
- Oil for sauteing
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 cooked breakfast sausage links
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the egg and sugar. After it is fully combined add the milk,salt,and flour. Stir until well combined and all clumps have been integrated into the batter. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat, add a dab of butter and allow to melt. Evenly spread pieces of bacon so they coat the base of the pan. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into pan and spread so the entire bottom of the pan is coated and it forms into a round shape. Allow to cook on one side, until golden brown, flip pancake and immediately place two slices of cheese on the cooked side of the pancake. Once the cheese is melted and the pancake is fully cooked remove from heat. Repeat this step four times.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat up 2 tablespoons of oil and add sliced onions and bell peppers and season with salt. Saute until browned and cooked through.
- Top each pancake with a quarter of the vegetable mixture on top of cheese. Place two sausage links on each taco and top with a sunny side up egg. Garnish with chives.
- In a small bowl combine maple syrup and hot sauce. Serve alongside the breakfast tacos.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE