- 2 low-sodium hot dogs
- 1/4 lean ground beef
- 2-4 low-sodium bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Burger buns
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, cornstarch, and salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture on some plastic wrap on a flat surface. Flatten them into rectangles, place one hot dog in each portion. Use the plastic wrap to help form the meat mixture around the hot dogs. Seal them tight and allow to chill for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and wrap each portion with bacon. You can use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium and cook until browned and crispy.
- Serve in hot dog buns with ketchup and mustard.