- 16 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound ground chuck beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 slices American cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brioche buns
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion, for serving
- Lay 4 bacon strips vertically on a cutting board. Lift the first and third strips and lay a bacon strip horizontally across. Lay the strips down, and then lift the second and fourth vertical strips and repeat with the horizontal strips. Repeat the process for the second burger. Set the weaves in the refrigerator while the burger patties are made.
- In a small bowl, mix ground chuck, salt and pepper. Divide beef into 2 quarter-pound patties. Divide each patty in half, and place 4 cheese slices in between. Cover cheese completely with the beef. Place each patty on a bacon weave, and wrap bacon around the patty.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Place olive oil in the pan, and cook the bacon-wrapped patties on each side for 4 minutes. Serve on brioche buns dressed with lettuce, tomato and pickles.