- 16 slices thick-cut bacon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup short or medium grain rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 fried chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni and cheese
- Red bell pepper, sliced into long, thin strips
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Green lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line an 11 by 17 inch sheet pan with parchment paper, and lay down bacon, each slice just barely overlapping the last. (This will form your nori replacement.) Cover the bacon with another sheet of parchment and then sandwich another 11 by 17 sheet pan on top to prevent the bacon from curling/shifting during the baking process. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the cooking process to ensure even cooking. You want the bacon to still be pliable.
- Mix short grain rice with mayo; set aside.
- Lay out a sushi mat or parchment paper on a cutting board. Place the sheet of bacon down so the ends of the strips are closest to you.
- For the BLT roll: Spread out an even layer of the rice on top of the bacon. Lay down 4 pieces of lettuce. Starting from the end closest to you, lay a row of tomato slices then a row of sliced avocado. Starting from the edge closest to you, and using the mat or parchment to help guide, tightly roll up the sushi.
- For the macaroni and cheese roll: Spread macaroni and cheese as you did the rice. Starting from the end closest to you, lay down chicken tenders then a row of sliced peppers. Tightly roll up.