Badass Banana Bread
Packed with good-for-you ingredients like buckwheat flour and almond butter, this is banana bread you can feel good about.
- 1 1/2 cups overly ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheater flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel bananas and add to a medium bowl. Mash together using the back of a fork.
- To the bowl of bananas, add the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the flours, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Line a bread tin with parchment paper and add mixture, smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until top is golden brown and a knife comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool, then top with almond butter and blueberries.