- Strong black coffee 200ml, freshly made and cooled + 2 tbsp baileys
- Double cream 700ml
- Mascarpone 250g
- Caster sugar 3 tbsp
- Baileys Irish cream 50ml
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Sponge fingers 300g
- Cocoa powder 2-3 tbsp
- Mix the coffee and baileys in a shallow bowl.
- Whip the cream, mascarpone, sugar, Baileys and vanilla together in another bowl until it forms soft peaks. Transfer to a large piping bag with a wide, round nozzle (about 2cm) and chill.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee for a few seconds on each side until they’re well soaked but not collapsing, then add 1/3 of the cream and spread over sponge biscuits. Add a second layer of sponge biscuits followed with the second 1/3 of cream. Finish with the third layer of biscuits
- To finish, pipe over half of the cream, then layer on more soaked sponge fingers, and pipe the remaining cream, in blobs, in an even layer over the top. Chill until ready to serve, but for at least 3 hours. Sieve over the cocoa powder to cover all the cream just before serving.