- 2 fuji apples cut in half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- In a big bowl, place the apples, peeled and halved.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla sugar, sugar and lime juice.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 medium circles, about the size of an apple, and then 4 slightly larger circles.
- Place the apple halves in the larger circles, brush the edges with the yolk and cover them with the other pastry circle.
- Make three cuts on the top, brush with the yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350°F (180°C) for 30 to 40 minutes.