- 3 eggs (1 whole egg + 2 yolks, reserving the 2 egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (50 percent cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1/4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk one whole egg and two egg yolks together. Add one cup of sugar and whisk for at least 10 minutes until clear and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Add to mixture and lightly stir.
- Add butter to the mixture, then add the Brazil nuts and mix.
- For the frosting, whip the 2 egg whites, adding half a cup of sugar until firm.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Pour batter into pan.
- Pour the frosting onto the chocolate batter and smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake brownies for about 45 minutes. (The frosting should be set, and if you stick a toothpick in the brownies, it should come out covered.)