- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk until just combined - make sure not to overmix.