- 3 large apples, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of red wine
- Vanilla extract
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Assorted unsalted nuts, for garnish
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 480 degrees F.
- Cut out the puff pastry so that it's slightly larger than the cake pan.
- Peel the apples. Core and cut them into quarters.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add in the apples and sauté with the butter for 30 seconds. Add in the sugar and vanilla extract, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Once sugar has dissolved, add in the red wine. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Cook uncovered for another 5 minutes to let the liquid evaporate.
- Arrange cooked apple slices on the bottom of the cake pan. Then place the puff pastry right on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Serve with whipped cream, cinnamon and nuts.