- 6 phyllo sheets, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pistachios — raw, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice — or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon — optional
- 2 tbsp butter — or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey — or agave nectar
- Preheat your oven to 150C /320F.
- To make the phyllo pastry cups add a sheet of pastry on your workbench and spray it with oil spray, lay another sheet on top. Repeat that with a third sheet. Cut in four. Each one will make one cup. For this recipe you’ll need 8 cups. Bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Chop the pistachios. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, cinnamon and butter and mix to coat the nuts. Place in the 8 phyllo cups and place back in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Add the water, lemon juice and honey into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly. Add 1 tbsp of syrup into each baked phyllo cup and allow to cool before serving.