- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine water, yeast and sugar. Activate the yeast for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter melts and reaches 120 degrees. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Add eggs, vanilla and milk mixture to the stand mixer bowl and combine on low for 2 to 3 minutes until dough starts to come together. Once mixed, knead for 3 minutes until dough is shiny and elastic. Transfer to a large greased bowl and cover for an hour until dough doubles in size.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Roll risen dough out on a floured surface to approximately 20 by 12 inches. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Press nut mixture across the dough evenly. Cut dough into 6 strips lengthwise and stack each strip on top of each other. Cut into 4 even squares and stack standing up in loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise for approximately one hour until it fills out the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden. Once cooled, remove from pan and drizzle with honey rosewater syrup. Bread will keep up to 4 days covered.