- 1 pie crust
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup heavy cream, divided
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1.5 ounces walnuts, roasted
- 5 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Use a rolling pin to flatten pie dough and place inside a pie pan. Cut excess dough off with a knife and pierce the bottom with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon water.
- Shake occasionally, and add remaining water when it assumes a dark, candy-like color. Shake the pan and mix.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add spoonfuls of the caramel and press with the back of the spoon. Allow to cool.
- Reheat the pan with the remaining caramel, add 1/4 cup heavy cream and stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add bananas and walnuts, top with two-thirds of the caramel and mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add remaining heavy cream and top with remaining caramel. Stir to combine, then transfer into a piping bag.
- Fill pie crust with mascarpone and top with banana mixture.
- Pipe caramel whipped cream around the outside and garnish with hardened caramel pieces and blueberries.