- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Oil for frying
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and cumin seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed banana and yogurt.
- Pour banana and yogurt mixture into the center of the dry ingredients. Make a little well in the center and pour in water (just enough to make a firm but sticky dough). Use hands to mix together, kneading until the dough has formed.
- Set dough aside for a couple hours to rest.
- Grease your hands with a little bit of oil. Pinch off golf ball-sized pieces of dough, and use a rolling pin to roll dough out into small circles on an oiled surface.
- Add pooris to heated cooking oil. Deep-fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy warm.