- For the banana filling:
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages banana pudding
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For decorating:
- 30 vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 30 slices banana
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray and parchment paper.
- Make the banana filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add powdered banana pudding and stir until thoroughly combined and thick. Add milk until filling is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Sift in powdered sugar and continue to beat until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into pudding mix. Reserve the rest for topping the cake.
- Assemble the cake: Place half of the pudding mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan, reaching about halfway up the pan. Dip 12 vanilla wafers in milk and place on top of the pudding layer. Add 12 banana slices then 12 more dipped wafers. Cover with remaining banana filling and 1 cup of whipped cream. Place cake in the freezer for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove cake from the freezer and remove from the springform pan. Pipe remaining whipped cream in circles around the cake, and top with remaining wafers and banana slices. Serve immediately.