- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 thick pastry crust
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the chopped bananas.
- Add the honey and allow to caramelize.
- Add cinnamon and almonds and set aside.
- Place the pastry crust on a cutting board and cut into 4 pieces.
- Make 3 cuts in each of the pieces without cutting to the end of the crust, leaving the center whole.
- Add a heaping spoonful of the banana filling and wrap the pastry around it, alternating one side over the other.
- Brush on egg yolk and dust with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.