- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 to 4 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites and cream of tartar, and beat on high until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and milk; beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour, salt, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the egg whites until mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then flip pan to remove loaf. Slice and serve.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Pour mixture into bottom of cake pan.
- Arrange sliced bananas in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.