- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 brown speckled bananas (peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1 pint non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- Into a large frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, salt and sugar. Cook until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the bananas and walnuts and continue to cook until lightly browned. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. Flip over, and cook again until lightly browned. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon again.
- Add the liqueur and rum to the pan. Using a long-reach lighter, carefully light the sauce, and spoon the flaming sauce over the bananas until flame is extinguished. Serve with ice cream.