- Bang Bang Sauce:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 (17-ounce) package kataifi (shredded phyllo dough)
- 12 large prawns, shelled with tail on
- 4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add sauce ingredients and whisk together. In a deep-sided saucepan, add oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from its package and place under a damp cloth. Pull a strip of pastry from the pack and wrap it around one prawn. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside while you repeat with the rest of the prawns.
- When the oil has come to temperature, lower one prawn at a time into the hot oil, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and repeat until all of the prawns are cooked.
- Serve immediately, with bang bang sauce for dipping.