- 1/2 pound boneless pork chop cut into
- 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 4-5 few radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, to taste
- Spicy mayo (equal parts Sriracha and mayonnaise)
- Oil for frying
- Combine pork and marinade ingredients.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain off the pork marinade. Heat a little bit of oil in a pan, and cook the pork until caramelized. Should take about 5 minutes.
- In a shallow pot, heat oil to 375°F.
- Carefully lower one tortilla at a time into the oil. Once the tortilla begins to puff up and rise to the top, gently push the edge of a metal spatula into the center, bending it in half like a taco shape. Hold in place and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat the process.
- To assemble: Fill the puffy taco shells with the caramelized pork, and top with the pickled vegetables, jalapeño, cilantro, and a drizzle of spicy mayo.
- Make the pickles: In a bowl or sealable container, mix vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Then mix in the vegetables and let sit for at least 1 hour.