- 8 chicken thigh and drum, bone-in skin-on
- For the dry rub:
- 1/4 cup your favorite seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup old bay seasoning
- For the wet station
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggwhite
- Splash of vodka
- For the dry station:
- 2 Tablespoon dry rub
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 quarts peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- Sprinkle dry rub liberally all over chicken, marinade for 4 hour or overnight.
- Prepare your wet and dry frying station.
- Drench chicken in wet ingredient first and then dry.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces in 350°F for approximately 15 minutes until golden.