- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 2, 28 ounce cans baked beans
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and set rack to the middle rack position.
- Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet until cooked halfway through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the partially cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To the remaining bacon fat in the skillet, add diced onion and jalapeño, and sauté about 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the baked beans, molasses, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Place the partially cooked bacon pieces on top of the bean mixture and bake for 1 hour, until bacon is crisp and the beans are bubbling and fragrant. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.