- 2-3 pounds pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Large bag of frozen french fries
- 1/3 cup white onion, minced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions, sour cream, extra barbecue sauce for garnish
- Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy-bottom sauce pot over high heat and sear pork on all sides until golden brown.
- Place pork shoulder into slow cooker. Pour over root beer and barbecue sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, until pork is fork tender. Shred pork and toss with remaining sauce. Keep warm.
- Layer french fries, pulled pork, onion, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese and repeat.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Broil if needed.
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped scallions, and barbecue sauce on top. Give everyone a fork and serve right out of the skillet.