BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 to 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
BBQ Pulled Pork
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and cook on high for 5 hours until fork tender.
- Using 2 forks, shred into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow to proof until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Heat milk to just below boiling point and add butter. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in egg and salt, and add to yeast mixture.
- Slowly add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, and stir until smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Punch down dough and roll out into a large rectangle. Brush entire surface with barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, top with a layer of pulled pork and green onions.
- Roll up the dough tightly, and cut into 8 pieces. Place pieces in a round baking pan oiled with cooking spray, and allow to proof another 20 minutes.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions and more barbecue sauce.