- 2 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 (6 ounces) container baby spinach, washed
- Olive oil to sauté
- Butter to cook chickpeas
- Add bacon to a large high-sided skillet and sauté until browned and fat is rendered.
- Add the garlic and sauté until edges brown. Remove garlic and bacon reserving the fat in the pan.
- Add a little bit of butter and the chickpeas to the pan and cook, while stirring, until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in smoked paprika and stir to toast and develop flavor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and toss with tongs until it wilts down. Add bacon back into pan. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.