- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 medium beets, boiled
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt, to taste
- 3 1/3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pita bread
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a food processor, grind the chickpeas, beets, tahini, lime juice, garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a paste. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into triangles, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and thyme, and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until toasted.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and garnish with sesame seeds, pepper and thyme leaves.
- Serve with pita bread.