- 1 tart crust
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chopped Belgian chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- To serve:
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Butter a round cake pan.
- Lay the tart crust in the bottom of the pan and use a fork to poke holes across the entire surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 minutes more, until it turns golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine the coffee, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Stir over medium heat until mixture is hot. Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs and yolks. Using a hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold eggs into the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Pour mixture on top of the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle the pie with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream.