- 1 tart crust
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chopped Belgian chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Butter a round cake pan.
- Lay the tart crust in the bottom of the pan and use a fork to poke holes across the entire surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 minutes more, until it turns golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine the coffee, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Stir over medium heat until mixture is hot.
- Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs and yolks. Using a hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold eggs into the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Pour mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle the pie with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream.