- 3 russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chives to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to serve
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes, or until partially cooked.
- Remove them from the water and place on a baking tray. Allow them to dry in the oven at 325°F for about 5-8 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, and then into slices. Heat butter and oil in a pan on med-high heat. Add potatoes and spread them over the pan. Use a spatula to gently press them down. Stir and flip occasionally to fully cook and brown well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with minced chives and hot sauce.