- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef (9% fat)
- American cheese slices
- 1 onion, cut longways and caramelized
- 1 jar bread and butter pickles
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, for garnish
- French fries, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chopped pickles, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide beef into thirds and form into 3 meatballs.
- Place a small cup or Mason jar in the center of each ball.
- Mold beef around jar until you have a bowl shape. Remove jar.
- Fill the meat bowl with onions, American cheese, 1 tablespoon special sauce and a few pickle coins.
- Top with another slice of American cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to rest slightly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on a bed of iceberg lettuce with a side of french fries. Enjoy!