- 1/2 pounds bucatini or bigoli
- 6-10 anchovies packed in olive oil
- 1 handful of coarse salt, for the water
- 1/2 - 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 piece of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup sherry, or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a roaring boil, and cook the pasta.
- In a saute pan, add the anchovie filets, onions and a little bit of olive oil and carmelize for 10-15 minutes until a rich golden brown, adding some pasta water to deglaze the pan.
- In a food processor, add all the romesco ingredients and pulse well until smooth.
- Turn the heat off the caramelized onions and add the pasta to the caramelized onions and coat the pasta well with the anchovie/onion mix.
- Plate, and spoon romesco on top off the pasta. Serve and enjoy.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE