- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1-2 heads black garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- Lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette
- 1 pound linguini, cooked
- Remove garlic from heads. Place on a cutting board, and use the back of a knife to squish garlic to form a paste. Set a small portion aside for the garlic butter.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. Add shallot and cook until translucent and soft. Add black garlic and whisk to combine. Add white wine, lemon juice and zest. Reduce sauce by half.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Place shrimp in skillet and cook until pink, turning once, about 3-5 minutes. Add parsley.
- Combine butter and garlic to create a paste, then smear over baguette. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp scampi over linguini. Remember to sop up any sauce with the crusty baguette!