- 1 1/2 pounds shishito peppers
- Vegetable oil, for coating
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large cast-iron skillet up to heat on medium high.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers with a little vegetable oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add the peppers and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. You want them to blister and turn a dark brownish-black color.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, both kinds of sesame seeds and the green onions. Pour mixture over the peppers and toss. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Eat immediately.