- Blueberry Layer:
- 3 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon Layer:
- 226 grams mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon + extra, for topping
- 50 grams white chocolate, grated into fine pieces + extra for topping
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 vanilla pound cake
- Make the blueberry layer: Place 3 cups of the blueberries, sugar and water in pot over medium heat. Once the mixture comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and cook until the blueberries blister and the sauce becomes thick. Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer until it is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge.
- Make the lemon layer: Place the mascarpone cheese, confectioner's sugar, lemon zest and white chocolate shavings in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Place 1/3 of the cream in a bowl and place in the fridge to use later. Add the lemon curd to the remaining cream and fold to combine.
- To assemble: Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan generously with plastic wrap, allowing extra plastic wrap to hang over the sides. Remove the crusts from the vanilla pound cake and slice it into 3 layers. Place the first layer into the loaf pan and smooth 1/4 of the lemon layer on top. Spoon 1/2 cup of the blueberry layer on top. Smooth more lemon layer on top and top with another layer of pound cake. Continue until you place the final layer of pound cake on top, fold the excess plastic wrap over the surface of the cake. Freeze the cake overnight.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap from the surface of the cake and invert the pan onto a serving dish. Peel off the remaining plastic wrap and trim the sides of the cake to create straight edges. Top with the remaining lemon layer and smooth over the sides and surface of the cake, dolloping the extra on top. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. Combine the remaining blueberry layer with 1/3 cup fresh blueberries. Spoon this onto the surface of the cake and garnish with extra lemon zest and white chocolate.