- 1/2 cup medium flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon emulsifier (such as egg yolk)
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 cups whipped cream
- 4 ounces grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a square cake pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, cornstarch, milk powder, vanilla powder, emulsifier, eggs and yolk. Beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove a small amount of batter and combine with the melted butter to temper, then return mixture to the bowl. Stir to combine, then pour into prepared pan. Use a spatula to smooth the surface.
- Bake cake for 30 to 40 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- Spread cake with whipped cream and sprinkle with cheese, then roll into a log.
- Top with more whipped cream and shredded cheese before slicing and serving.