- 1 loaf of pound cake, cut into cubes
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or rum
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- Fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- Pour 1 3/4 cups eggnog into a dish and quickly soak pound cake in it. Drain, then pop into fryer for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. (Make sure to drain off eggnog, so it doesn't splatter in fryer when you place them inside.) Drain on a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining eggnog, booze of choice, and powdered sugar. Drizzle over bites and top with freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy!