- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (14-ounce) package puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Dust work surface with flour and roll out puff pastry an inch in both directions. Place the longer side of the pastry facing you.
- Spread tomato sauce across the puff pastry leaving a 1/2-inch edge. Sprinkle the tomato sauce with mozzarella cheese and dot with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Tightly roll up the puff pastry into a log. Adjust the pastry so it’s going up and down and the seam is facing down. Pinch the edges closed. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, leaving a 1/2-inch section uncut to hold the braid together. Braid the pieces together, turning the pizza topping side upwards to get the full braid effect. Pinch the edges together. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.