- 1 (1 3/4 pounds) pork shoulder
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups dark beer
- 10 1/2 ounces BBQ sauce
- Beef broth as needed
- 16 butter rolls
- 2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- In a pot, brown the pork shoulder (seasoned with salt and pepper) on all sides. Add the onion cut into fourths, and the whole garlic cloves.
- Add the beer, let the alcohol evaporate a little, then add the BBQ sauce. Add broth until meat is covered. Cover pot with a lid, and cook on low for about 2 hours.
- Remove pork shoulder and shred with a fork. Return shredded meat to the pot, stirring to coat with sauce.
- On an oiled baking sheet, place the bottoms of each roll, add pork, sprinkle some grated mozzarella, and add top bun.
- Brush with melted butter mixed with the chopped herbs. Bake at 390°F until the cheese is melted.