- 1 ball pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 pieces prosciutto
- 1 jar high-quality pesto
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- On a flat, lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle shape, roughly the same size as a baking sheet.
- Taking a baking sheet, flip it over so the lipped side is facing down. Sprinkle a little flour over the surface. Carefully place the rolled out dough on the upside down baking sheet. This will help with an easy and smooth removal onto the grill.
- Once the grill is up to heat, slide the dough onto the grates and close the lid. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it gets nice and golden on the bottom. Remove the pizza from the grill and place the grilled side up on the baking sheet.
- Reduce the grill to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the grilled side of the pizza. Then, make four little wells to crack the eggs into. Carefully crack 1 egg into a bowl and then gently place into each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tear the prosciutto over the pizza, leaving parts of the egg and cheese uncovered. Place back on the grill, close and let cook until the whites of the eggs are set, but the yolks are still runny and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over some of the pesto. Serve immediately.