- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 7 ounces spinach, lightly steamed
- 1 cup finely grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crispy, then transfer to a plate. Reserve bacon fat.
- Lightly oil a large, nonstick baking sheet. Peel the potatoes and grate them onto the sheet, then add the sliced onion, salt, pepper and reserved bacon fat. Gently mix it together with your hands and form it into a rectangle on the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the second baking sheet into the oven to heat up.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper. When the potatoes are almost cooked, bring the second hot tray out of the oven and dot the butter over it.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture in, let it start to set on the tray then use a wooden spatula to scrape it up and around the tray. Return to the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until just set.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper just bigger than the omelet. Carefully transfer the cooked omelet on top. Sprinkle half of the cheese, then add the hash brown on top.
- Add the remaining grated cheese, then the spinach and bacon.
- Using the parchment paper to help you, carefully roll up the omelet. Place it on a baking sheet seam side down and put it back into the warm oven for a couple minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and slice into 6 sections to serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE