- 2 demi baguettes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 maple-flavored breakfast sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the center out of the baguettes and make a V shape for the filling. Brush the cut out center and top with melted butter and toast until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cook sausages until browned and cooked through. Remove and cut into bite-sized pieces. Divide the sausages between the toasted baguettes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, chives and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the bread. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and set.