- 2 demi baguettes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 maple-flavored breakfast sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the center out of the baguettes and make a V shape for the filling. Brush the cut out center and top with melted butter and toast until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cook sausages until browned and cooked through. Remove and cut into bite-sized pieces. Divide the sausages between the toasted baguettes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, chives and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the bread.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and set.