- 1 large white onion
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried whole oregano
- 8 ounces chorizo
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 serrano peppers
- 5 large eggs
- 14 fresh corn tortillas
- Frying oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a cheese grater, grate half the white onion and the tomatoes into a medium bowl.
- Add white vinegar, dried oregano and salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, fry chorizo, remaining onion, garlic and half of the serranos until chorizo is fully cooked and vegetables are softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, scramble the eggs. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Heat the skillet to medium-high. Heat 1 tortilla for 30 seconds on each side, remove and fill with 1 tablespoon chorizo mixture and 1 tablespoon eggs, roll and place in a dish (making sure it doesn’t unroll). Continue until all tortillas are filled.
- In a deep-sided skillet, heat one inch of oil to 350 degrees (or until the oil bubbles when a piece of tortilla is lowered in).
- Fry tortillas in batches of 4 to 5, starting with seam-side down and holding with your tongs for 8 to 10 seconds to ensure it doesn’t unroll in the oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve alongside dipping sauce, and garnish with chopped cilantro, serrano peppers and Cotija cheese.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE