- 4 (12-ounce) russet potatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) head broccolini, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream
- Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork or paring knife. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, bring a medium pot of water up to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Remove from the pot into a bowl of ice water to shock and cool completely. Remove from the ice water, pat dry and roughly chop. Put the chopped broccolini into a medium mixing bowl. Add the melted butter, 1/2 cup of extra-sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup of pepper jack and the yellow mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to fully combine. Set aside.
- Remove the baked potatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly, enough for you to safely handle.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees.
- Using a knife, cut an oval into the top portion of the potato, keeping it intact. Cut the flesh off the underside of the top piece so it rests flat. Then, using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the potato, creating a well. Season the inside with salt and pepper. Stuff the potato with the broccoli and cheese mixture. Put the top of the potato back on and place on the baking sheet. Top the potato with 1 tablespoon each of the remaining cheddar and pepper jack cheeses. Repeat with the remaining 3 potatoes.
- Bake potatoes for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with sour cream, chives, salt and pepper.