- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, divided, plus extra to serve
- Arugula, or any type of greens for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place broccoli onto a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix everything together with your hands until the broccoli is completely covered. Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together, then add the cheddar and Parmesan. Season well with black pepper and stir to combine everything.
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pan with olive oil; set aside.
- In a food processor, puree half the roasted broccoli. Add to the bowl with the eggs and stir. Pour egg mixture into the cake pan and give it a wiggle to spread everything out. Place the remaining roasted broccoli in a decorative pattern on top of the egg mix, sprinkle with more Parmesan then place in oven. Bake quiche for approximately 1 hour, or until the eggs have set. If the quiche is getting a little dark on top, cover with foil until ready.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow it to sit for 10 minutes in the pan before taking a knife around the edges and carefully inverting it onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle quiche with arugula and a little extra Parmesan to serve.