Sweet and Spicy Fried Chicken Wings
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha
- 2 packages regular flavored ramen
- 1 package ramen seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Cilantro, chopped
- Scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Place ramen noodles and one spice packet in a large resealable plastic bag, and use a rolling pin to crush ramen. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Place flour in a third bowl, and whisk with salt and pepper.
- Coat one chicken wing at a time first in flour, then egg and then ramen.
- Fry in batches for 6 to 7 minutes, then drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- When all chicken is cooked, toss in the sauce until well coated. Garnish with cilantro, scallions and peanuts.